[plug] Netscape and GlibC2.1

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 15 09:49:17 WST 1999

on Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 05:44:21PM +0800, Brad Campbell <brad at seme.com.au> wrote:
> On another topic, is there a way for a non-root user so do a
> shutdown -h now?

My display manager (wdm) allows this to be configured. A non-privelged
user can shutdown (or reboot) at the login prompt.  I believe other
display managers have similar functionality.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065