[plug] Microsoft Findings

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Nov 15 13:57:31 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:
>
> > http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/microsoft-findings.html
>
> Brad, I cant find a .doc verison. Its only in acrobat, and something
> called "wordperfect".

Thats only because the .doc version would have exceeded thier disk
quota.

Yeah, I seem to remember wordperfect, from like when dad's office
bought it's first 80286. The secretarys seemed to think it was the
bees-knees.
And the best thing was it never crashed..
Gee do you remember when you could use a program all day, the shut-down
at
night was the first time you powered it off that day ?
<Sigh> those were the days..

> Linux gets a few mentions, but is basically described as a server OS that
> cannot threaten MS's monopoly.
>   The final paragraph:

<snip>
Yeah, I like the last line so much, I have adopted it as my .sig
I'm a slow reader, but I loved every word in the 207 pages :p)

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would