[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Tue Nov 16 08:47:29 WST 1999

Thanks to all who helped me get this going initially.  All was working fine until I
re booted after fitting second hand
AGP  card picked up on one of my infrequent forays to Perth.

Although  the scsi card is still detected okay at boot and is located when insmod
aha152x module is loaded
I now seem to have no available devices. ( I had that dam scanner working and
everything)

I thought at first that the AGP card may be using the same interrupt and bumped the
scsi card.  I have tried swapping back to my old pci
card and returning the system to its original state no success.
 cat /proc/scsi/scsi now just produces

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: UMAX     Model: Astra 1200S      Rev: V2.8
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

All the devices still appear in /dev with permissions as before I had only enabled
/dev/sge using  chmod 666 /dev/sge

I'm bereft of an idea where to look next. Suggestions illuminating or otherwise
invited.

Mark