[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Fri Nov 12 14:34:02 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:
>
> > insmod   says SCSI ID 7 so I guess this means it should be found on what
> > /dev/sgg?
>
> '7' would be the ID of the controller, not the scanner.
> For a disc, the ID is auto-detected. Not on a scanner?

Yep okay

> Note - your kernel must detect two things: the scsi controler, and then
> the scanner.

Done.  the scanner must be turned on when the bios reads the card at boot up
other wise no dice . When loaded the  aha152x module then detects the scanner on
all  seven avaliable generic scsi devices?  Is that right?

What the heck  it works.  SANE proved easier than first sighted and have the
scanner working.

Thanks for the help.

Mark