[plug] My first download: netscape...help?!

Ari Finander ari at scientist.com
Wed Nov 17 08:42:57 WST 1999

Hi all,

I've just finished ironing out all the problems I was having a month or so
ago (had to put things on hold for exams) and staying up all night I've
managed to get linux up and running and online.
I even downloaded Netscape Communicator 4.7, decompressed it, and installed
it using the script that came with it.
Here's where I ran into trouble: what do I do with the netscape communicator
4.6 still hiding somewhere in my system?  How do I get rid of it?  I think
it's conflicting with 4.7 as there's been some odd behaviour from both of
them.
Thanks in advance for your help, and please remember, I'm VERY VERY VERY new
to this, so explaining this to me like I was a child might be helpful :-)

Ari
ari at scientist.com