[plug] My first download: netscape...help?!

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 17 17:05:01 WST 1999

You are quite correct in assuming that it is necessary to remove your previous
version of Netscape in a Linux Box. Assuming that you are using RedHat, run
xstart and get into Gnome, thence a Terminal window. Type 'gnorpm' this should
bring up the RedHat installer/deinstaller. Grope about till you find the
Internet window, and then the Netscape Icon. Select 'remove' and then restart
you box. Some smart Alick is going to say this is not necessary, but play safe,
and do it that way.

Lastly, there are one or two data files in your existing Netscape which store
E-Mail, bookmarks and the like. If you want to keep these, back them up before
uninstalling the old program, and copy them into you 4.7 version.

I hope this helps,

Regards,  Len Bird.