Assembler waffle (was Re: [plug] LyX/LaT2eX vs Word: the verdict)

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Nov 17 12:16:28 WST 1999

Peter Wright wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 03:54:41PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > Christian wrote:
> > > Restricting you to Windows 95 x86 boxes for an
> > > introductory course on assembly language programming
> > > might be appropriate
> >
> > Not.
> >
> > man gas
> >
> > The first thing that they'd make you do on the Windows machine is
> > include windows.h
>
> ... for an assembly program? *confused*
>
> Although I haven't written any assembly for a loonng time, maybe x86
> assembly has an #include directive now :).

I can't really speak for Leon but most introductory assembler courses
use inline assembly to simplify things and also because it's probably
more relevant nowdays... but even so, as I pointed out, you can get
around this quite easily.

--
Newton's Little-Known Seventh Law:
	A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.