[plug] Re: Assembler waffle

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 17 16:16:13 WST 1999

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 12:48:46PM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
[...]
> I certainly don't know enough to make a technical judgement between
> gas and nasm, I just know that I read an article by someone who _was_
> and who was unambiguously in favour of nasm.
[...]

Different target audience, I think. gas exists primarily to take the
machine-generated output from gcc, whereas nasm is designed to give a
nice environment and syntax for hand coding.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal