[plug] Debian apt-get through a proxy

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Wed Nov 17 17:25:12 WST 1999

[snip]
>Now - the plain X startup script will probably be /etc/X11/Xsession -
>it does a few things, then if there's a user $HOME/.xsession script
>it will pass control to it (with exec). If not, it'll do a failsafe
>default to perhaps opening an Xterm and twm.....
[snip]

Thanks Nick. Your mention of a failsafe default got me thinking. The user's
.wmrc file in their $HOME/ was missing an all import "default" entry, hence
on kde startup failure (for a reason I have yet to determine) they were
simply bombing back to the login screen. Maybe not for all the right
reasons, but users have X back.

Cheers,
Steve