[plug] Corel Linux...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Nov 18 13:34:32 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:
>
> > Is there a mirror of the CD image anywhere local yet? Pref at a UNI or WAIX?
>
> ftp://live.networx.net.au/pub/Corel/ :)

BWAHAHAHA!!

Cool! Thanks! *yoink*
(D'oh! Still gonna take 2 hours to Download... ^_^;;)

> (installation used VGA16 X server, so that was fine, but it tried to use
> the SVGA server for actual running) so I was faced with kdm trying to run
> X, X dying, kdm restarting X, X dying, etc.

Aah! I hate that! Hmmm. Debian's xf86setup has the same problem, I've found!
It'll set up X, but you ALSO have to tell it which X server to actually use (it
asks as you install each server, or manually edit the right file in /etc/X11).

I wish it had some detect for X problems so it didn't do that loop...

> Not bad for a first attempt though, kudos to Corel for an excellent
> effort.

Has anyone tried "updating" it using apt & the normal Debian sources? Wondering
how nicely the new Corel stuff will interact with future standard Debian
upgrades...

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :