[plug] MTA Comparison & Debian OpenSSH

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sat Nov 20 14:31:17 WST 1999

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting opinions on the various MTAs out there (mainly
sendmail, qmail and postfix) principally in regards to functionality and
flexibility but also performance.  I know sendmail can pretty much do
anything but at the same time is a bit of a resource-hog compared with
qmail.  I'm not sure how postfix rates with regards to these two factors
(I've been playing around with it a bit but don't really have the
opportunity to test it's performance).  I also understand that replacing
sendmail with qmail is a bit of a hassle whereas postfix plugs straight
in but I'm interested in people's actual experiences, recommendations
and tips. :)

Also, on a completely different note, I understand there is at least one
Debian developer on this list so I was curious to know if there's any
word as to whether an OpenSSH package will be available for Debian soon?

Finally, thanks to Greg and Matt for their suggestions on solving my
Debian boot problem -- after following Matt's references into the Debian
install guide it turns out to be very easy to plug a 2.2 kernel into the
rescue disk. :)

Regards,

Christian.

--
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing.