[plug] Rebooting my box to make changes to DHCP`

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Nov 22 11:04:19 WST 1999

> Nov 19 12:26:57 rhhme001 dhcpd: Can't bind to dhcp address: Address
> already in use.

So the address is in use - that would be the port you are trying to listen
on. Which port is it? No 'dhcp' in my /etc/services.

OK, is there an old dhcpd hanging around?
Try netstat to see what state the dhcpd port is in.
The port may be busy trying to close in an orderly way. If you wait
a while after shutting down the old dhcpd, it should timeout, and release
the port.
  Is there any way to force the kernel to release a port? (without
rebooting:)

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.