[plug] Rebooting my box to make changes to DHCP`

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Mon Nov 22 12:48:12 WST 1999

> On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:
>
> > Basically I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp stop, which works ok. The
> problem I
> > have is when I do a /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcp start that I get these error
> > messages. The above works perfectly fine for all my other services.
>
> Did netstat tell you anything? Even though you killed dhcp, it can take a
> while for the port to be released sometimes.

Well I have done a netstat and I can't see anything. I'm not sure weather it
is my lack of knowledge about netstatss use (any command line parameters I
should be using ?) but I can't see anything running for DHCP. I do see my
telnet session and other services.

By the way I have tried this while I have the dhcp service actually running
and still the same