[plug] Printer port problem

Peter Smith hedrek at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:10:38 WST 1999

I have  a working instalation of RH 6.1 Everything seems ok except Linux
appears not to see any of my printer ports. It will queue print jobs but
will not print them. Autodetect says"No printer port detected"! The print
queue window says "Waiting for lp0 to become ready (offline?)". The printer,
an Epson740, is in perfect working order, it works fine with Win98. I am
sure there is some very minor thing I am doing wrong, or not doing atall! I
am a very inexperienced user, so nothing will supprise me! Any help here
would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Peter

May the great god of Lotto smile kindly upon you.