[plug] Rebooting my box to make changes to DHCP`

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Tue Nov 23 07:07:31 WST 1999

> I'd agree with you there. It certainly has to be something simple and easily
> fixed, it is just where ???  This has become a bit of an advocacy issue as I
> can't really sell a customer a box and tell them that the need to reboot the
> box every time they make a change to DHCP. It makes it sound like it is NT.
>
> I'll try the wait period option and see what happens. Maybe time to go and
> grab some lunch ....

If having lunch fails, try another version of dhcpd. I'm running a beta I
downloaded from ISC a while ago. It was slightly broken, but an exchange
of emails with Ted Lemon and a minor patch fixed it.

I do think the ISC version puts its files in the wrong place, but only
slightly.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield