[plug] Compupic and other ramblings..

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Nov 25 17:54:30 WST 1999

G'day all
I dunno if any of you have been following the development of
Compupic for linux, but in case you have not, check it out
It's a neat install, just untar it into a dir.. no mess to clean up.
It's quite stable.. (read I have not crashed it yet). The current
release is the 'stable' release, and it's quite  good.

Oh yeah, and to get around the 30 day .lzw trial period for .gif's
just delete your ~/.compupic dir and re-start it.
It's not a bad idea anyway, coz the thumbnail cache gets quite large
after a while, if you go thru lots of different images..

http://linux.compupic.com

I'm impressed anyway..

Also the latest star office seems pretty good too...
In fact, I have pretty much stopped using WP8.
Anyone using the latest AbiWord ?
Going to try that next.. looks pretty impressive...

Any motorcyclists out there going on the Toy Run On Sat the 4th ?
If so, there are a few of us meeting for a coffee beforehand..
Drop me a line if your interested..

Enough rambling for today...

Cheers...
--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would