[plug] Modems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Nov 26 07:52:34 WST 1999

Gavin Tweedie wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, John Summerfield wrote:
> > What modems do people recommend?
>
> Netcomm Roadster II Ultra. (comes in internal(yuck), serial and USB
> models)

I second that.. I have the original Flex Roadster Ultra (not the II )
with the firmware upgrade to V90. Rock solid.
The only other modem I get as good a connection on is my Xircom
Realport 56K/Ethernet.
I used to buy the chepest modem on the market, as I figured it would
date pretty quickly. With the advent of 56K I bit the bullet and bought
a Netcomm.. Never looked back..
Now I have the reliability I always lacked, and never get a connect
speed
below about 48k. (That's to Omen's Ciscos anyway)

Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would
truly benefit consumers never occur for the sole reason
that they do not conincide with Microsoft's self-interest"
- Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson
         /"\
         \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
          X      AGAINST HTML MAIL