[plug] Modems

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Nov 26 09:28:49 WST 1999

> > I am thinking, though, that a USR message modem might be a good choice.
>
> Matt, have you had any experience with these?

Never heard of them, but then I don't deal with modems much myself these
days :) (other than the 180 Lightspeeds on our 33.6 rotary :)

Still using a Lightspeed 33.6k at home, and it works great :)
I get 33.6k connections every time that stay up for weeks and weeks

The support guys here recommend the DirectCom modems as the best (for
connecting to our Cisco access servers at least) - they have tried many
different modems as well and reckon the DirectComs leave everything else
for dust. (I'm talking the External DC's of course - refuse to touch
internal modems with a barge pole)

They're cheap too (about $100)

 - Matt