[plug] loopback install

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 13:45:13 WST 1999

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:48:19PM +0800, Andrew McMeikan wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I once did an install that booted off a file as a loopback device.  I
> don't (think) I have that Cd handy anymore, but do have SuSE 6.0, pocket
> book, and pocket book revised edition.
[...]

DosLinux?

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/index.html

You can find it via ;

http://www.linux.org/dist/english.html

In addition, the single floppy distributions can be very handy, eg ;

http://www.toms.net/rb/

Once booted, you can mount the hard disc, and use vfat, or umsdos, or
loopback filesystems for some extra space.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal