[plug] Problem with lpd

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Nov 30 10:24:50 WST 1999

G'day All,
Any lpd experts out there had this one before?
Every couple of days, lpd seems to 'lock up'
It queues spool entries, but won't spawn a daemon to squirt
them to the printer..
a restart all with lpc does not work, but an
/etc/init.d/lpd restart
works a treat..
Debian 2.1 Slink...

Any ideas on what I can check while it is playing up ?
My kludge at the moment is do do a daily /etc/init.d/lpd restart
with cron.. works but I'd rather not have to do it...

Cheers...
--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would