[plug] NetBank and WINE

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Oct 1 12:45:12 WST 1999

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Kenworthy Family wrote:

> Got it running ok but failed the validate the software stage due to firewall blocking the incoming connection (requires two
> way connections - security hah!)  Never any crashes etc. - just dont work

It works fine for me from windoze through a linux IP-masq firewall, so
there cant be any incoming connections. Could you be blocking some
outgoing ports? It connects to port 2202 on their server.

> > Has anyone had and luch running the Commonwelth Bank's  "Netbank"
> > software  using wine ?

I have in the past. But tried just now and it crashes after i enter
password. I dont know what changed. This worked once:

        Wine release 980614, redhat 6.0 (linux 2.2.5)
        Netbank version 2.00  (for Win95?)

> > Running RH6.0, gnome, enlightenment, wine ver-990731

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.     -- Dave Barry