[plug] Just started with linux.

Mark Bolton bolton at networx.net.au
Sat Oct 2 01:00:14 WST 1999

Ari Finander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished installing redhat linux and familiarising myself with
> some basic commands and the xwindows environment.  However, I'm wondering
> how to get the cdrom to work through linux?  Also, is it possible to run
> windows through linux if it's on a separate partition?  With the cdrom
> problem, I've used the mount cdrom command, and then when I open the cdrom
> in the file manager the window flashes and then the system freezes.  Any
> ideas on how to get it to work effectively?  It's an aopen eide cdrom 40x.
>
> Ari
> strictform at hotmail.com
> afinande at iinet.net.au

Off Posting - Musings only ....

Some friends and I are at that self same stage as you are at the mo .... the
Rat in a Maze ... menu .. Man explore and DEFINITLY NO productivity ... I have
bin ~lurking~ on this mail line ..with an oblique interest , thinking ... " I
hate to teach my self .. reinvent the wheel .. stand in a bucket and pick your
self up by the handle .... SO inefficent !! " ....

Mebe some kinda Brains trust ? ... Newbies workshops ... ??

U see these Guys are  seasoned Pros . .. employed and nurtured in the Industry
....We all have a list of things we must Do before tommorow .. Linux sits on
the back burner as if some "Boffin's Egg" ...

In My quiet moments .. I play with "Grock" (not Hienlien's Best ) ... relaxing
.. and Klyx ... I dont care if my Modem wont work .. after all its mere
Fireside ~ Sherlock relaxation fer - gentlemen only after all ? ..

Cheerio ! Mark