[plug] new linux user

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Mon Oct 4 02:12:39 WST 1999

On Mon, 04 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> >On Sun, 03 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> >> The i740 card is a good choice as long as the Mboard supports it, I had
>
> erm, im not really sure about that,  for starters the i740 was one of the
> biggest nonstarters as far as i can tell, and after the really crappy
> licensing issues with the server for the card as well as the stuff about no
> further work going into the card server i wouldnt touch one with  a
> bargepole personally

ha, the i740 is one of the earliest cards supported by the xfree 4.0 betas.
Source code support for it is in Xfree 3.3.4+. Please don't post
misinformation to this list. The i740 may not be the best performing 3d (or 2d)
card on the planet, but it is far from dead or useless. I am very happy with
the operation of my i740.

> suit yourself none the less

I will, and so will just about everyone, and more fool you if you want nothing
to do with them.

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au