[plug] Just started with linux, need help

Christian christian at global.net.au
Mon Oct 4 13:23:01 WST 1999

Brad Campbell wrote:

> Ari Finander wrote:
> >
> After reading the weekends mail, I noticed lots of good suggestions to
> solve the
> problem, bar one.
> Have you checked, that the user your trying to mount from has the 'user'
> group
> in thier list.
> Or possibly the cdrom, disk, or floppy group ?
> I'm not familiar with the way RedHat does things, but in Debian, you are
> not added
> to any group, other than your own by default..

You don't have to be in any specials groups at all to be able to mount
devices specified with the "user" option in fstab.  *Any* user can mount
the device if this option is enabled.  This may, however, be relevant to
the dialout problem...

Regards,

Christian.

--
Sentimentality -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
						     - Graham Greene