[plug] [plu] Linux books/manuals: recommendations?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Mon Oct 4 13:18:01 WST 1999

Ari Finander wrote:

> Well folks, our internet account has just been hacked AGAIN despite no
> Trojans or viruses being found on either of our computers after checking
> with nearly every product out there.  Getting a linux network up and running
> has now become a bit more pressing as these repeated hacks while using
> windows95 are getting very frustrating.  So, what manuals/books/guides to
> using and configuring linux would you all recommend?  I can only get one.

I recommend "Running Linux" by O'Reilly & Associates - they have a new
edition out (3rd?) which has supposedly been extensively revised but
even my old edition is full of *lots* of information that will be useful
not only to a beginner but also to most intermediate users.

Regarding your prevous problem, like Greg mentioned, please send the
error message and the contents of your /etc/fstab.  It definitely works
so unfortunately you're doing something wrong. :)

Regards,

Christian.

--
Every day it's the same thing -- variety.  I want something different.