[plug] SiSsy chipsets

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 5 17:50:15 WST 1999

GCC2.95 is  missing the "export" keyword.  I also saw it called "brain dead" on one
list but never got a reply as to why.  A search at the time turned up no other
problems and I have compiled a 2.2.12 kernal (but have not installed it yet) with
no errors.  I'll wait unitl the current crop of assignments are out of the way
before I have another go at destroying what video I have with 3.3.5 - have had a
few probs upgrading to 3.3.3 tho its working now - also would like to get some more
confidence in gcc before trying again - want to do a compile from source as not
happy with rpm (possibly because so much other stuff on the box is compiled from
source and their default locations is not what the rpm's seem to be looking for.

BillK