[plug] For those who have not seen it

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Oct 6 16:10:30 WST 1999

John Menzies wrote:

> At 02:22 PM 6/10/99 , you wrote:
>
> > Brad Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/LinuxMyths.asp
> >
> > That font is decidedly icky in Linux Netscape - likely a deliberate
> > choice.
>
> Interesting - out with the linux and in with windows NTserver.  You
> have to give it to the MS people  - jargon central - "real life proof
> points"  they do seem to be developing a propensity for new language
> and it does NOT make understanding the technology easier.  Real Life
> Proof Points = evidence but then MS could not really use the E word
> could they? as they appear to spend so much of their time in a
> "independent non arbitrary legislatively enacted conflict resolution
> space".

Interestingly, when I first tried to visit this site I got a "connection
refused" error message... maybe the their IIS NT-based web server was
down?  actually, that seems to happen regularly when I visit
microsoft.com (which fortunately is not often) - that's enough "real
life proof points" for me to know I never want to touch NT.

Regards,

Christian.

--
1st graffitiist: QUESTION AUTHORITY!