[plug] For those who have not seen it

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 16:12:32 WST 1999

on Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 03:39:01PM +0800, John Menzies <jmenzies at cmi-capital.com> wrote:
> At 02:22 PM 6/10/99 , you wrote:
> >Brad Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/LinuxMyths.asp

I think that MS having such an artical on their site says alot about
what MS are thinking with regard to linux - they are scared, perhaps not
in the desktop market but certainly in the server market.

With regard to MS's quotes on performance I always want to yell
"How does NT perform on a 486 or P75 with 16MB ram?" The answer is that
is doesnt, at all.

Real world cases hey. Is hotmail still running on Solaris?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065