[plug] For those who have not seen it

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Wed Oct 6 17:37:58 WST 1999

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Mike Holland wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, John Menzies wrote:
> How do people feel about John et.al posting in HTML? I cant see the point,
> and many mailers do not handle it. (Pine is OK)
Well, the HTML was an attachment, so I don't mind _too_ much. It isn't
really a nuisance if it doesn't show up until you ask for it. I could
consider it a waste of bandwidth, since so many won't read it, but on the
other hand, there are people who might want to read the HTML version. I
figure if HTML is in an attachment it is acceptable, just not desirable.

> Should add a bit of balance to all the pro-linux propaganda we consume.

Well, I tend to consume mostly factual pro-linux propoganda. 80% of the
claims on this page resemble a marketroid's sick joke, and not a
marketroid that has ever used Windows, let alone Linux.

-Greg