[plug] For those who have not seen it

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 18:53:35 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, John Menzies wrote:
>
> How do people feel about John et.al posting in HTML? I cant see the point,
> and many mailers do not handle it. (Pine is OK)

> Should add a bit of balance to all the pro-linux propaganda we consume.
>
> > >That font is decidedly icky in Linux Netscape - likely a deliberate
> > >choice.
>
> But only in Linux. It looks fine on Win32-netscape. Whats that say ???

Looks fine under my Linux Netscape.
But then, I'm running a TrueType Font server, and have Verdana installed, so it
all looks as it should. Shouldn't Netscape use the default, readable, font if
it can't find a match? (ie; I think Netscape is partly to blame for stuffing up
fonts...)

FYI: I need TTF support to create images in the Uni Corporate Style using
particular fonts; the fontserver works very well, and combined with Gimp, is
one less reason to reboot into Winblows!!

Under Debian:
   apt-get install xfstt
^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :