[plug] Intended User..

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 15:01:25 WST 1999

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 02:30:24PM +0800, cwilliam at erggroup.com wrote:
> Bevan Broun wrote:
[...]
> Yes, I have installed the milo and then tried booting the kernel, starts
> ungzippin then an error.

Ah. Not so good. Looks like you need some help getting off the ground.

> > Where is this alpha.
> My place.

<grin> I think the followup to that question is - do you want to...

 * invite people like Bevan 'round to have a look?

 * bring the machine somewhere to try and install it? A
fourth-Monday-of-the-month-PLUG-meeting might be good for that, or
elsewhere/elsewhen.

 * see what hints you can get by email?

There's a few people with Alpha boxes about, some of them running Linux,
and I'm sure we'd like to see more of them. Good luck!

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal