[plug] eth0 and ppp

russ russ at powerstech.com
Sun Oct 10 13:05:22 WST 1999

Hi,

I've been trying for a while now to get my ethernet card and my ppp
connection running at the same time. I can connect to the net using
ppp and modem or I can connect to my ethernet network, but not at the
same time. Generally I have to disconnect one of the devices and
reboot. I have this same problem on two machines, one a desktop with a
netgear pci card and external Banksia modem, the other with a 3com
pcmcia network card and tdk pcmcia modem.

I've been reading through the ppp and net howtos and the routed man.
I'm only guessing it might have something to do with the default
route.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
russ