[plug] newbie

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Oct 12 11:28:29 WST 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Gavin Tweedie wrote:

> Do we have any particular topic for discussion tonight?
>
> ie. Is it worth showing up? :)

I don't know of an offical topic.

I think we are "taking a break" from topic based meetings until we can find
a more suitable venue.  As  I'm sure you;ve seen Ian Kent is looking down that
path as am I.  Soon we should be able to start haveing talks at the meetings.

Having said that we need some volenteers to do talks and some talk topics.

There was some interest in Tcl/Tk.  Leon said he would do a talk at the last
UWA meeting.  Did that happen ... I was unable to attend :(

I'm sure the "ppp connections to the 'Net" talk would be worth redoing

Basically we need Ideas.  If you like you can Send the to me and I'll collate
the list.

We also have the "Wine and Cheese Evening" in the pipeline.

And comming up we need to have the AGM

On that Note (Chris Cornish can you bing the reciept book and cash box to the
meeting to tonight).

Yours Tony.