[plug] decent INTEL SMP boxes in Perth?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Wed Oct 13 14:34:30 WST 1999

Does anyone have a good knowledge Perth suppliers of reliable dual (or
better yet, quad!) cpu systems that run linux happily? (Or better yet,
actually support linux on the systems provided).

So far I've looked at the Dell and HP (XL550 looks promising shipping with
Red Hat) offerings, have yet to check out IBM, Acer, Gateway and Compaq.

The only quad capable system I've seen so far is SGI's 1400L server - but a
system with 11 fans is probably a bit of overkill for what we want to do
(photochemical smog modelling).

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                               griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Systems Manager
  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection            Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                  Fax  :   61 8 9222 7099
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia