[plug] recommendations for new high end system (dual cpu)

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Wed Oct 13 14:29:12 WST 1999

> i dont know if AMD has a dual processor motherboard avaliable for its
> processors but certainly an Intel based system would be sufficient, for
> video card a S3 Trio3D AGP 4Mb video card would be perfect....it is
> cheap and good for a no frills video card.  I have had no problems with
> SCSI on the motherboard but if you can look for an Adaptec chip as they
> are the best avaliable in my opinion, or a Buslogic SCSI chip if adaptec
> is unavaliable

Watch the Trio3D... support is pretty recent in Xfree from what I
know... and there are still a few glitches on mine... the Virges have
been supported longer and may be a better way to go for a cheap card...
but then other people may not have had my problems with the Trio3Ds...

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au