[plug] Cron scheduling

Tamara Thompson thompson at gate.sunquest.com
Thu Oct 14 03:17:38 WST 1999

Um, you know, I think it just takes a very long time to learn how to read the man pages.  <smile>

 I was just thinking this morning that I like the 'Leon Pages'.  :)  His descriptions are frequently worth clipping out and saving, for their clear and user-friendly style.

Paul Baumgarten wrote:

> Isn't it amazing that no matter how long one uses something (ie Linux) you
> still come across something seemingly basic that you should have probably
> known about a long time ago.

Definitely - and nearly always these questions are answered in the
appropriate manual pages.  The structure of the online manual system and
how to use it is probably one area that is often overlooked when
teaching people about Linux.  Many people have this sense that there
exists this mystic state of Unix gurudom - people who seem to know all
these tricks and no one really knows how they learnt them.  I think this
perception is mostly illusion - the people who seem to know all the
secrets are just the ones who read manual pages.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Watson's Law:
	The reliability of machinery is inversely proportional to the