[plug] Anyone know a good mail server for linux

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Oct 14 20:04:13 WST 1999

> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Christopher Darby wrote:
>
> > Am looking for a good email server for linux.....if anyone has any
> > suggestions.....i need it to handle several different domains......at
> > least 4
>
> I fully recomend sendmail it is great and can handle MANY domains.
>
> It can be a little confusing due to its complexity.

I think that's not quite what's wanted: sendmail sends mail somewhere when
it arrives. If you want mail to await collection via POP3 or IMAP, you
need something else.

I gather the imap server that ships with RHL is about as safe as the
Titanic. I use cucipop (because I noticed iinet did), but it does not lock
accounts while a user's collecting mail with the result the user can be
getting mail twice.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield