[plug] Anyone know a good mail server for linux

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Tue Oct 19 14:44:00 WST 1999

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Christopher Darby wrote:
>> Am looking for a good email server for linux.....if anyone has any
>> suggestions.....i need it to handle several different domains......at
>> least 4

> I fully recomend sendmail it is great and can handle MANY domains.

> It can be a little confusing due to its complexity.

Or PostFix, a drop-in more secure replacement for SendMail. I have a
Sendmail handling (counting, counting...) 15 virtual domains without
raising any sweat, on a P-200 machine running kernel 2.0.35 and shared
between sendmail, Apache (9 virtual sites), FTP, Squid (19 users max),
DNS (name services), IPChains and one user login using BitchX as an IRC
bot (on busy days the IRC bot gets up to 0.9% CPU useage).