[plug] Editors

stephen. steve at newton.dialix.com.au
Sun Oct 17 20:19:25 WST 1999

Peter Wright wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 11:55:47AM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Gavin Tweedie wrote:
> >
> > > So of those of you who use vi or a clone, which do you use and
> > > why?

VI is terrible gvim is far better - but these days i usually use custom
specific editors like wpe, kwrite
mcedit - staroffice etc
I'ts unfortunate that many mnuals for unix give the impression that vi
is the only editor available
so along comes a new or novice user and confronted with vi is totally
put off using unix at all.
I would never reccomended vi to anyone- i may suggest gvim caus it
finally addressed the needs
of novice users ( easy to use with gui ).