[plug] NT and Linux coexisting

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Oct 18 14:10:18 WST 1999

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> Zip files are unusual in that they have internal checksums to ensure the
> file is OK.  If you're getting corrupted zips I'd suggest you're getting
> corrupted everything but you haven't realised it yet.  Why?  No idea - I've
> never had any problem with Samba, NT and WinXX on the same network (except
> for Not Terrific dying very frequently of course!)

I can't remember the specifics from the earlier EMail; Is one of the boxes a
Win98 box with a Realtek Network card?? If so, and you're using the Win98
drivers, then this lovely combo can cause data corruption without giving any
errors (till you view the file content). Solution is to install the latest
driver from the Realtek site, and add another item to the "Why not to use
Windoze" list. -_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :