[plug] Xwindows config problem

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Oct 18 14:54:35 WST 1999

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Chris Griffin wrote:

> What no takers on this?
>
> I also found another problem over the weekend when trying to install RH 6.1
> on my system at home.
> Seems RH have removed SCSI support from their setup options at install
> time. Bit of a problem when you have SCSI drives that do not get seen at all.
>
> Any takers at all?

at the syslinux prompt type
expert
when prompted for a driver disk select cancel (unless you have one) then you
will be prompted to add a device.  Select SCSI then select you card and you
should be home and hosed :)

If you have a video card that is less than supported you may like to use
"text" insted of the default X install.

You can combine the two options if you like.

There are a couple of bugs in the anaconda install (RedHat will relase new
install images soon.) ... Most of them relate to lilo and other filesystems.

Nothing major BUT very dissapointing that they got through quality control.

Yours Tony.