[plug] Meeting our meeting needs

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Oct 19 11:58:46 WST 1999

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Ian Kent wrote:

> Leon Brooks wrote:

> > I think we need to replace Fast Eddy's because there's no facilities
> > beyond abundant food and occasional service there. I think that the
> > replacement needs to be in the CBD for transport and convenience
> > reasons. I think that the CBD venue should be most upmarket and
> > official, featuring more presentations and less hands-on stuff - with
> > business people in mind. I have no specific venues to propose.
> > Suggestions, please?
>
> I met with my agent the other day. She offered the use of her offices in
> West Perth (they have just moved to new offices in Havelock street). She
> suggested that I check out the size and facilities when we have our
> forthcoming drinks and nibbles for the 'get to know your fellow contractors'
> gathering.

Ian and I went and had a look at "the room".  I'll agree with Ian's assessment
that it is kinda small.  I recon 10-15 people max ,posibly room for more if we
reduce the number of seats we have and make more people stand..

Basically I'll summarise the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
Central
Good Parking
Tea and Cofee facilities
Room is Free
no contracts to sign
Phone line avalable (we need to supply an extension cord)

Cons:
Small Size
No Projector
need to bring your own seat (more if you can manage it).

The way I see it is we can move outta Fast eddies and into 1 Havelock Street.
Get some talks going.  Start exchanging Ideas and information.  Then once the
attendance picks up move to bigger prmesis.  The lady at "The Tennyson Group"
is very friendly and extremly helpful.

I, and I know others feel the same, feel that PLUG isn't living up to it
potential ATM and getting back to organised meetings and disscussions can only
be a step in the right direction.

Yours Tony.

PS: Does anyone know how to get in touch with Chris Cornish.  His mobile seems
    to be on the blink.