[plug] audio cd playing problem

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 23:30:55 WST 1999

Here is a funny one.

I just purchaced an new cd drive, it is a 40 speed and works well except
for playin music cds.  Most cd playing software seems to have a problem
with the drive, either stopping after each song or skipping a track.
xplaycd works find as does jac, xmms, amoung others, does not.

I have searched deja but its a tricky one to search for. The drive is
master on the second ide drive. Can anyone suggest a possible problem?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065