[plug] Debian V Redhat for server

Greg Raftery gregr at scs.com.au
Wed Oct 20 13:58:50 WST 1999

Im after some opinions for which distribution to install for a server.
I am considering Redhat for its purported ease of use and because it
is a relatively no-brainer install. But I have heard good things about
Debian on this list, but I know it will take me a bit longer to
install.

My major concern would be the installation of software, where most
packages seem to be aimed at installation on a Redhat box. Is there
much grief associated with installing software on Debian that is aimed
at Redhat?

Thoughts, comments?

Regards,
Greg Raftery