[plug] Mandrake 6.1

Rick (VK6EP) rickd at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 20 21:44:14 WST 1999

Having just read got the November issue of APC, I read in it a small
article on Mandrake 6.1. The author makes the claim that Mandrake is
'pentium tuned'. That is, the kernel is set up to top work on anything from
a pentium onward. Will not run on a 486 machine.

He also says that the distribution comes with software installed for CDR,
what he called, very good software.

Can someone back these statements up for me please.

This may be a good reason for me to have another look at Linux and so soon.

Is it possible to get a copy, locally? I work in the city block, most days.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html