[plug] decent INTEL SMP boxes in Perth?

Garry gb at perthpcug.org.au
Fri Oct 22 15:43:06 WST 1999

Let's think about this one..

~300+ ~150+ ~150= ~600.

Considering the Celeron 300A chips are essentially the same thing with a 4.5
multiplier ratio and a 100MHz bus, so long as the supplied heatsink and fan are of
good quality you should be OK, for less money..

But your point on reliability for a production system is a good one. There is no
guarantee that the overclocking will be successful, where if you buy a stock C450
chip you are guaranteed of the 450 MHz..

I would be interestd in hearing where the 450MHz is going for $150 ea in pairs
though, and the BP6 for $300...

Anyone had bad/good experience with the Abit or other m/b with dual Celeron chips?

Garry.