[plug] decent INTEL SMP boxes in Perth?

xerodude xerodude at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 22 16:16:05 WST 1999

Just a note....
I am running an abit BP6 with 2 celeron 400's. The system runs fine.

I am running it at 540Mhz with no stability hassles. Linux is very happy
with 2 cpu's. I am monitoring the system temps and all is well. Mind you I
have some fairly serious cooling on the cpu's and case.....

As for price... Here in Melbourne I paid $160 for the motherboard and $130
for the C400's. This is from a shop.

Overclocking is a curly question. Do research at www.overclockers.com.

Just be careful with ata66 hard drives. The mobo has 2 sets of ide ports.
One set is traditional ide and the other is ata66. So... effectively you
can run 8 ide's. That might be handy for some. BUT.... the controller for
the ata66 loads as a scsi device, and I am not sure how many people have
successfully setup and run the ata66, especially as the boot Hdd. Linux
drivers are available.(www.bp6.com)

Wayne.