[plug] linking to different drives

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sat Oct 23 02:18:40 WST 1999

> and when your machine crashes like mine has randomly starting to do (hardware
>  or
> dirty power? - dont know yet) you can potentially lose much more data per cor
> rupted
> inode - though the potential time savings on fsck are definitely attractive w
> hen you
a corrupted file is still one corrupted file. I've long ago abandoned
efforts at recovering them; neve ma much sence out of a brokwn
wordprocessor file or database file (dbase acxcepted). Source code yess,
but that's usually not mine and so recoverable by easier means.

If you're worried about corrupted files, then back them up and keep
several generations of backups.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield