[plug] Kernel 2.2.13 ...

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 23 02:47:05 WST 1999

Garry wrote:

> That's a worry.. Have 2.2.5,  I'm happy with that untill I really need to upgrade....
> Glad I've gone to 2.2.x, it now has support built in for more devices. But to keep it
> stable, I rather stay still until there is a need to upgrade -
> performance/stability/devices or whatever!

2.2.5 was actually a pretty stable release, they just had a few problems
with 2.2.7 and beyond. Note that we're talking stability relative to
Linux' reputation, so any 2.2 release can be considered very stable. I
was using 2.2.5 until the 2.2.13 release, but looked at it as a good bet
for a kernel to last me till I need new device support.

Have fun. :-)

--
Oliver White