[plug] Kernel 2.2.13 ...

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sat Oct 23 02:14:25 WST 1999

> However I have a learning deficiency so have no problems asking the obvious .
> ..
>
> I have kernel 2.2.12 and might upgrade to 2.2.13 depending on the reply to th
> is.
> I though odd numbers were the unstable versions, obviously not?  Does anyone
> know
> where to find what has changed/been fixed between kernel versions - just had
> look at kernel.org and nothing there.

Odd numbers in the second part: 2.3 is development series which will
mature as 2.4, 2.2 was 2.1 when less stable.
So all 2.2 are the same series.

If you download the diff and apply it to your existing source (assuming
you're not using butchered vendor source) and you will then have the info
you want.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield